PRODUCTION SCHEDULER/PLANNER (PERMANENT) Leeds West YORKSHIRE
PLEASE NOTE THIS VACANCY HAS BEEN FILLED
Kirkstall Precision is the leading precision engineering sub-contractor to the global medical instrumentation sector. When you join our company, you will become part of a fast-paced and dedicated team that works together to provide our customer with the highest possible level of service and quality without compromise. We are at the leading edge of machining technologies and are dedicated to delivering efficiency and reduced cycle times for our clients predominately in the medical and veterinary as well as other key sectors.
Our advanced milling, turning and 5-axis capacity enables us to machine a wide range of products. To-date, we have manufactured components for leading global OEM’s and are looking to expand our capabilities over the coming years.
About the role:
Reporting to the Manufacturing Manager and Manging Director you will be responsible for providing a top class and cost-effective Planning for our site, whilst having in mind the complexities of multiple customer requirements we must deliver.
You will be creating daily production plans aimed at meeting all customer requirements whilst optimising profitability alongside issuing provisional weekly production plans.
- To maximise service levels to our customers by effectively communicating and coordinating required materials and activities to maintain goal on time delivery performance at the lowest delivered cost.
- To provide stable production schedules in manufacturing to maximise efficiencies while minimising costs.
- To manage inventory levels to achieve desired turns objectives through database management, reviewing forecasts, managing supplier inventories (min/max levels) and by scheduling supplier and subcontractor deliveries to meet production schedules and customer needs.
- Create maintain and administer the production plan based on sales requirements in line with processing machine capacity, materials and manpower
- Forecast and report annual capacity prediction and map against Sales
- Analyse, review and maintain routings and lead times to ensure they reflect actual manufacturing processes.
- Report on operational efficiency and schedule adherence
- Support the Operations Director with administration tasks within the MRP system
- Data collection and reporting to support all functions within the business
- Creation / modification of manufacturing routes for parts traveling through workshop whilst adhering to medical standards
- Workshop support and Supply Chain Management to ensure adherence to the production plan
- MRP management for all manufacturing procurement requirements
- Planning scheduling and budgeting sub-contract processes
- Hold daily production meetings with production areas and produce and update KPI’s as appropriate
- Ensure Orchestrate and FM data accuracy is maintained through regular housekeeping of planning data.
- Produce capacity plan detail to enable forward or backward planning of production areas with production management
- Carry out forecasting and inventory analysis so support future purchasing decisions.
- Hold daily production meetings with production areas and produce and update KPI’s as appropriate.
- Previous experience of MRP systems within a manufacturing environment, Factory Master and Orchestrate is preferable.
- A proven track record of operating as a Production Planner within a low/med volume high complexity manufacturing environment.
- Previous experience of report generation using a variety of methods
Competent in the use of Microsoft Office
- Proficient numerical skills
Ability to communicate across all levels within their organisation and with external suppliers
- Good IT Skills – advanced excel an advantage
- Orchestrate production planning software knowledge preferred but not essential
- Action orientated
- Excellent team engagement
- Driven & Decisive
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Effective interpretation and translation of information
Attractive Package for the right candidate based on previous experience.